JOIN THE TEAM
- Call Center Manager
- Import Coordinator
- Brand Contributor/Freelance Editorial Writer
- Production Design Intern
- Warehouse Worker
To explore our opportunities and become part of our success, send your resume to our Human Resources Team or fill out an application and send it to:
Minnetonka Moccasin Company
Attn: Human Resources
1113 East Hennepin
Minneapolis, MN 55414
This position is primarily responsible for managing all imports and finished goods from overseas factory bases. Coordinate import of finished goods from factory base for Minneapolis-bound and Direct/FOB orders to selected retail partners. Recognize and maintain compliance requirements for US customs and key retail partners. Prepare and process weekly wire transfer requests. This position is directly linked to Minnetonka Product Managers who control the production flow of factory orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters and manages on-going production order details in Access database for generating tracking reports throughout production cycle.
- Monitor key production dates (ie: cut dates) and schedule of finished goods shipments to maintain delivery from the factories.
- Prepare production shipping reports by ship date and origin port and review upcoming shipments with team at weekly traffic meetings.
- Work closely with forwarders to consolidate all loads without compromising X-F ship schedules.
- Confirm ocean bookings with forwarder and factories and monitor vessel departure and in transit shipments for ETA.
- · Prepare and monitor electronic order process with vendor specific web portals. Including approving purchase orders, loading packing details and sending ASN (advanced shipping notification) to customers.
- Checks and test scans factory printed box/carton labels.
- Setup and maintain shipment files for Minneapolis-bound and Direct/FOB orders and load containers in Minnetonka’s Xperia system.
- Proof shipment documents from factories on a timely basis to ensure order accuracy. Creates shipping document templates for factory completion of Direct/FOB orders as required by retail customer.
- Provide US customs documents to brokers and monitor clearance of shipments.
- Audit and review freight/broker invoices and agent commission invoices for approval and submit to accounts payable for processing.
- Maintain and update US customs requirement files as needed.
- Prepare weekly wire transfer requests for factory payments and submit to CFO for processing. Maintain factory payment log and advise agents of payments where necessary.
- Review retail customers L/C’s or FOB/Direct process requirements to initiate wire transfers on factory direct programs. Submits documents to retail accounts receivable for processing.
- Carries out monthly in-transit reports (China and Dominican Republic).
- Prepares annual cargo insurance reports.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years work experience in imports, exports and US custom requirements.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong work ethic, high energy level, good team player
- Self-starter with positive outlook