Happy Valentine’s Day!
My Minnetonka Story: Barb Wells
What was your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
My very first pair of moccasins were purchased from a little shop in the Wisconsin Dells when I was about 12 years old. I remember begging my mom for them and that I must have them in black. I fell in LOVE with them and wore them EVERYWHERE… I felt like the cool kid at school. They were a pair of Back Zipper boots (the photo above is right after I got them).
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka moccasins?
My favorite memory is when I wore them to a Motley Crue concert at Alpine Valley Music Theatre and there was tons of mud on the hill and I took them off and carried them all night so they wouldn’t get dirty. I hung on to them for my life and walked barefoot all night in the mud.
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
I have taken my moccasins as far as Key West, FL and they have been to lots of different places (if only they could talk).
Describe your Minnetonka style.
Although I owned many different styles throughout my life so far, I really love the Driving moccasins and the Fringe boots. As long as they are Minnetonka Moccasins, I am good with whatever style they are.
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonkas at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight the first and third week of each month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.
One of our favorite things? Seeing your Minnetonka street style!
Blogger Spotlight: Kristin of BonBon Rose Girls
Today we spotlight the Minnetonka style of Kristin from the style blog BonBon Rose Girls. Find out what Kristin’s Minnetonka must-have is in our Q&A and check out how she styled a few of her favorite Minnetonka products including the Full Leopard Moc, 3-Layer Fringe Boots and an adorable pair of hot pink Double Fringe Side Zip Booties worn by her daughter, already a budding fashionista!
What’s your Minnetonka story?
I’ve been a long time admirer of the free spirited look of Minnetonka boots. The 3-layer fringe beauties have been calling my name for quite a while now and once I saw the baby boots, I knew that my lil’ lady bean and I had to have mommy and me Minnetonkas! A tradition has officially been born.
If you could explain your style in one word or phrase what would it be?
Effervescent…I have fun with my look by doing things like glamming up a boho piece with some sparkle!
Whose style inspires you?
Diane Kruger can do no wrong in my opinion. And no ones does tousled edge quite like Kate Moss. I find inspiration in everything from my favorite bloggers, to nature and even food. I’ve been known to style a look after seeing a color combo that I liked in a cupcake. Am I alone?
What’s your favorite city?
Washington D.C. is hands down my favorite city. It has everything to offer in terms of history and culture. Plus, foodies can’t go wrong there. Have I mentioned that I like to eat?
My Minnetonka must-have item is _________.
My Minnetonka must have item is the Full Leopard Moc because they’re like butter, they’re so comfortable and I’m a sucker for a good animal print!