Leah in her Minnetonka Thunderbird Mocs!
Leah wearing her first pair of Minnetonka boots celebrating Thanksgiving with friends!
My Minnetonka Story: Leah Wise
What was your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
My first pair of Minnetonka moccasins were actually my mother’s childhood shoes, given to her by her father as a gift. She wore them all through high school and even out wedding dress shopping. I loved them from the moment I saw them and stored them under my bed for years just to take them out and look at them on occasion (they were too big for me). They symbolized my mother’s childhood and early adulthood in the 70s, so they’ve remained very special to me.
Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
I’d been eyeing Minnetonka mocs for years at every western store and leather shop, but my first pair were the Two Button boots; they were a Christmas gift from my parents in 2008, continuing the tradition started by my grandpa. Since then, I’ve purchased two more pair.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka moccasins?
I wore my mocs on my first Thanksgiving spent away from family. It could have been a sad event, but I spent it with friends and my husband; we struggled through all the dishes without our family’s aid and succeeded!
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
I’ve been all over Florida in them, but the farthest they’ve traveled is from Florida, where I lived for 12 years, to Charlottesville, VA, the first place I moved to after college and getting married. Charlottesville has been a place of self discovery and many new cultural and historical experiences for me, and my various pairs of moccasins have traveled with me through town on a weekly basis.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
I tend to prefer a vintage/preppy vibe in the way I dress. I wear Minnetonka mocs with anything from jeans and a simple t-shirt to floral dresses. They work all year round!
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka mocs at email@example.com. If your story is selected we will send you a free pair of Minnetonka mocs, your choice!
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight twice a month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.