My Minnetonka Story: Lauren Hunter
What was your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
My mother gave me her old pair of Thunderbird mocs when I was very young and I still have them! They’re soft soled, and so broken in. They’re one of my favorite pairs of shoes that I own.
My mom can’t even remember where she bought those mocs, but I bought myself a pair of El Paso mocs last summer, and they have not been my last. I also got myself a pair of black Kilty Suede mocs as well!
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka moccasins?
My first pair of Thunderbird mocs went with me to college when I was 17, they moved with me to Chicago, and from Illinois to Washington and back. They were with me when I was running through backyards and cornfields, and when I went on long drives across the country.
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
My Minnetonka mocs traveled with me to Scotland, where I discovered quickly that moccasins are the only shoes I am really comfortable in. Walking miles and miles through the streets of Glasgow, my Minnetonka mocs and I saw some amazing art, architecture, and ate some delicious food.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
My moccasins go with everything, so I wear them with everything! I wear my Minnetonka mocs every single day with a pair of dark skinny jeans and a flannel shirt. I sometimes joke that it’s my uniform, but I made up my mind this year to only wear things I feel like myself in. And I feel like myself in my Minnetonka mocs!
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka mocs at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight twice a month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.