My Minnetonka Story: Sarah Heckle of Tulle and Trinkets
Where were your first pair of Minnetonka’s purchased?
My first Minnetonka’s were purchased two summers ago when I lived in little-old Ocala, Florida for a summer internship. I came across a Handbag Factory that happened to also sell Minnetonka’s. It was definitely a unique shopping experience. The place had no AC (remember – this is central Florida in July!) and the sweetest lady was running the show. I fell in love with my Minnetonka’s then and there! Now, the other shoes in my closet suffer a little jealousy.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonkas?
My favorite memory would have to be the Jonsi concert my now-husband and I went to. I obsessed over what I was going to wear to this concert. I finally settled on a retro-inspired sweater, jeans, and my Minnetonka’s. Oh — and the concert was amazing!
How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled?
My Minnetonka’s accompanied me to the Dominican Republic for my honeymoon this past October! They were perfect for walking excursions and they paired perfectly with the beachy and breezy suitcase of clothes I packed.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
I think I have a split personality when it comes to style. Part of me is very girly and feminine: pastels, bows, dresses, and ballet flats. But the other part of me is so drawn to 60s and 70s-inspired boho style: maxi skirts, flowing tops, pared-down makeup & hair — and my Minnetonka’s!
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka’s purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka’s?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka’s at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight the first and third week of each month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.