My Minnetonka Story: Emily Schumacher
What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins?
My name is Emily and I will be turning 29 this month (on the 27th). Woo, I feel old. But since childhood, I have always had a pair of Minnetonka moccasins.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka’s?
I am from Peoria, IL, but have grown up vacationing in Minnesota every summer basically since I was born. Every year, I would get a brand new pair of moccasins from Northwoods gift shop in Longville, MN and I would wear them till I wore them out. I was always the only kid in my neighborhood in Illinois who had moccasins with authentic beading from some far off location. They made me pretty cool.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
Ever since, I have been basically a Minnetonka snob, only wearing that brand. When they became trendy again a few years ago and many companies started selling the style, I preached the Minnetonka brand and have since built almost my entire shoe wardrobe with it. I tend to dress in flowy, earthy styles, and Minnetonka makes a style of shoe for every occasion in every season. I have fringe boots (ankle and calf length), winter boots, multiple sandals, and many styles of moccasins I wear year round.
How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled?
A few years back I started as a bandaid, following my favorite bands around the country. In particular, I chased Crosby, Stills, and Nash around so much they invited me in as part of the tour family and I worked for them. If anyone was looking for me, all they would have to do is follow the moccasin prints. I have worn my Minnetonka shoes all over this country and in nearly every venue available. They have lasted through all my tours and have always received compliments. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. I can’t wait to get some of the new styles for THIS summer’s tour!
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka’s purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka’s?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka’s at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight per day between May 22-26. After that time, Minnetonka will feature one story every two weeks.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.