My Minnetonka Story: Ramsey Griffin
What was your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
When I was a freshman in high school, I found my first pair of Minnetonka Kilty suede mocs at a thrift store and remember thinking that $6 was far too pricey for a pair of shoes that I’d likely wear out in a few months. I nearly passed them up, but they still had the tags on them. The cashier rang them up the wrong way and I ended up getting them for half price, $3 dollars. Those mocs were pretty tough, seeing as how I put them through anything and everything. That pair lasted me four years.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka moccasins?
I’m a photographer, and everywhere I go, my mocs go. They’ve forded rivers, scaled mountains, and seen the backside of more “no trespassing” signs than I’d like to count. Adventures like that with the people I care about in places that no one has ever seen before–those are my favorite memories.
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
Sure, my mocs have felt the big streets of Atlanta, New York, and London. But the farthest they’ve traveled is into the abandoned towns, schools, churches, and homes of the deep south. No, maybe they didn’t go very far by means of distance from the modern suburb in which I live, here, in Alabama; but, they’ve seen an era that’s so far gone that the only way to reach it is to climb over fences and through briar bushes to discover what modern America has forgotten.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
I wear what’s comfortable to me– things I can throw on, and things I can depend on. Minnetonka Moccasins seem to be what suit me, because they suit everything. I’m an adventurer, and adventurers need shoes that can go where they go, wherever that may be.
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka mocs at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your story is selected we will send you a free pair of Minnetonka mocs, your choice!
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.