My Minnetonka Story: Ruth Reyes-Loiacano
What was your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
I received my first pair of Minnetonka moccasins when I was a small child. However, it wasn’t until I was a teenager that I really began to appreciate the awesomeness of Minnetonka.
I clearly remember being in downtown Indianapolis, around my 16th birthday (15 years ago). My folks and I were in town for a Colts football game, but we went to the Circle Center Mall the day before the big game. We were walking through the Parisian Department store and I walked past a Minnetonka display and immediately turned around. I just HAD TO HAVE that pair of Thunderbird Mocs! I of course bought them with my own money and wore them out of the store, I was smitten. In fact, I am still wearing that pair of mocs 15 years later…they are still truckin’. A true testament to the quality of Minnetonka.
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
The coolest city my mocs (my first pair of Thunderbird mocs) have traveled to would be Zihuatanejo, Mexico for my honeymoon. I spent a week in a tropical paradise with my husband exploring the little fishing village in Mexico.
To prove just how comfy these shoes really are, I walked for three miles in those mocs one day searching for an avocado in Mexico!
Describe your Minnetonka style.
My Minnetonka style is eclectic, yet casual. I adore prints and patterns and anything with a nod to the 70’s. I love wearing my mocs with jeans and a cardi, or my boots with dresses and skirts!
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka mocs at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight twice a month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.