My Minnetonka Story: Aaron and Nick Wenck, Owners of Wenck Brothers
What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins?
Our first pair of Minnetonkas were hand-me-downs from a few generations of Wencks before us and still rest at our family’s cabin in an antique wooden crate that was a case of beer back in its glory days. Whether they are used for a walk across the mighty Mississippi headwaters, a run to the outhouse or a trail blazing afternoon through the woods, the mocs seem to get more and more comfortable with time. Although there are a few styles floating around at the cabin, it’s safe to say that the Thunderbirds have withstood the test of time as the most popular style with the women in our family.
Where were your first pair of Minnetonka’s purchased?
Our first new pairs of Minnetonkas must have been purchased at a small trader’s outpost named “Treasure City” outside of Rice, Minnesota. Our family never missed an opportunity to head “up north” to explore a new lake or park in northern Minnesota on the weekend, and the route always included a rest stop at the outpost.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka’s?
Our favorite Minnetonka memory is actually the freshest in our minds. We certainly were proud to represent the company in New York City while filming and photographing the latest moccasin look book (to be revealed this June!).
How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled?
We’ve been lucky to put quite a few miles and kilometers on our Minnetonkas – between the two of us we have visited over 30 countries and called 7 of them home. Even though we might have traded in our Minnetonkas for bare feet or sandals a few places along the way, they have become best friends with our passports as go-to travel companions.
Describe your Minnetonka style?
Our Minnetonka style is built on our Minnesota roots and continues to evolve with each country and culture that we are fortunate to experience. Whether we are in a small fishing village in the Amazon Jungle of Iquitos, Peru or in the middle of an 80,000 person “public viewing” in Germany during the World Cup, we never forget the comforts of home and our favorite hometown shoes.
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka’s purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka’s?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka’s at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older.
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight per day between May 22-26. After that time, Minnetonka will feature one story every two weeks.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.