My Minnetonka Story: Brittany Nelson
What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins?
My very first pair of Minnetonka moccasins were given to me by my grandma. I have always been obsessed with moccasins, and so my grandma gave me these awesome off-white boots with tassels. They are pretty old, but still have the Minnetonka stamp on the inside. They are too big for me, but I still adore them.
A couple years after my grandma gave me hers, I found an awesome pair in Nisswa, MN. These were the classic fringe boot, and I still love them today!
I currently own four pairs of Minnetonka moccasins.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonkas?
I don’t know if I have a specific favorite memory, but I love knowing that I own true Minnetonka moccasins. I take great pride in wearing my Minnetonka moccasins wherever I go.
I also get super stoked when I purchase a new pair!
How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled?
Two years ago I purchased the Kilty suede moccasins. I wore them touring all the way from Georgia up to New York while building skateparks and working with youth.
This summer, my moccasins will be traveling to Panama to build another skatepark!
Describe your Minnetonka style.
My Minnetonka moccasins have definitely helped me have a style of my own, one that is unique to me!
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka’s purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka’s?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonka’s at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight the first and third week of each month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.