My Minnetonka Story: Ellegra Davis of the blog Smiley Legs
What was your first pair of Minnetonka boots?
My 5 layer fringe boots were my first and are still my favorite pair of Minnetonkas, they are my go-to shoes. When in doubt, I go to the 5 layer fringe boots.
Where were your first pair of Minnetonka boots purchased?
My first pair were a gift from my lovely best friend for my 21st birthday. Her dad owns this awesome boot store in Austin TX called Allens Boots and she got them for me from there. If you are ever in Austin be sure to poke your head in that store, its mostly cowboy boots but they have a nice little selection of Minnetonkas!
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka boots?
I wore my 5 layer fringe boots to an event in downtown Tucson for dia de los muertos. That night at least 5 different people came up up to me and wanted to pet my boots, as if they were shaggy dogs. This one guy was even speaking to them in the voice that you would talk to the cutest puppy in, ” hi little booties!” It was bizarre but it happens all the time to me!
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
My 8 (almost 9 waiting on the 3 layer fringe boots in wine currently in the mail) pairs of mocs have traveled with me everywhere! Every road trip, every overnight, I always have a pair with me. My mocs have gone everywhere with me from Tucson, to LA, to Chicago, to Austin. They have braved the craziness of Lollapalooza, and walked the streets of 6th in Austin TX for South by Southwest.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
Minnetonkas are definitely my go-to shoes, the Kilty mocs when its in the high 90′s outside and I’m going to be exploring the city of Chicago running from train to train. I’ve even covered my brown Kilty’s with rhinestones to make them a little more ME. The extra shine goes a long way. I wear my mocs with everything from short dresses in the summer, to tights and layers in the winter. They go with everything, you can never go wrong. I am a devoted Minnetonka fan and they will always be my favorite go-to shoes.
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonkas at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight the first and third week of each month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.