My Minnetonka Story: Jodi Hammond
What was your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
White Boat Sole Thunderbirds!
When did you receive your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
Each year either my Mother or my Grandmother would take me to an adorable set of shops in Nisswa, MN to go shopping for the day. There were stores with trinkets, clothes, hardware, games, candy, ice cream and, well I could go on. One of my favorite shops is called The Totem Pole, it’s still there today, and they sell little toys, moccasins and other goods.
My Mother would walk around in white leather Minnetonka Thunderbirds all the time and as all little girls do, they want to be just like their moms. I would get new ones each year as I grew to match hers and they were always in white. I thought white was the most girly because there weren’t pink ones then, even though I’d run around and get them dirty all the time.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka moccasins?
My Grandmother has always been a great teacher of all things natural; one of my favorite things to do with her every year was go blueberry picking and my moccasins were always leading the way. We’d drive up to Northern Minnesota and slowly crawl down the dirt trails to beautiful mossy tree groves and pick them wild. We even met up with a few curious bears from time to time and would quickly rustle to the car! On the way out of the trail she’d stop and point out animal tracks in the dirt. We’d end up with buckets full and would make jams, syrups and yummy pancakes.
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
I haven’t traveled far and wide, but my favorite places to wear my moccasins have always been right in my backyard. We lived right on the Mississippi River and had a small lake home up North, so I’d always be tromping around in the dirt or playing in the sand; what else is a girl with three brothers to do! I love exploring parks and hiking trails in my moccasins.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
During the week I like to go more vintage for work and my mocs help add comfort, texture, color and style. On the weekend I like to dress more boho earthbound and my mocs keep me going on my adventures of thrifting or exploring outdoors. You can dress them up or dress them down and they’re perfect with jeans or a pretty dress.
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonkas at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight the first and third week of each month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.