My Minnetonka Story: Kelsey Nosek
What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins?
My first pair of Minnetonka moccasins were a classic pair of caramel brown kilty suede mocs. Growing up I was always jealous of my friend’s collection, especially her knee hi lace up boots. So when I stumbled upon a store that sold Minnetonka moccasins in Northern Minnesota, I was like a kid in a candy store.
Where were your first pair of Minnetonka’s purchased?
I bought my first pair of moccasins in the quaint town of Nisswa, Minnesota at a store called “The Totem Pole.” My friends and I spent the weekend at a cabin and took a break from swimming, boating, and catchphrase to venture into town. The store was filled with a hodgepodge of souvenirs, gag gifts, Native American inspired trinkets, and of course, Minnetonka moccasins.
What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonkas?
My favorite memory is from Bonnaroo. My Minnetonka’s took the trek with me down to North Manchester, Tennessee and fought through the crowds, dust, and dirt to enjoy the awesome music. They were the perfect music festival shoes!
How far have you and your Minnetonka’s traveled?
The furthest I’ve traveled with my Minnetonka’s is Europe. I spent a semester in Copenhagen, Denmark in college and wore my black thunderbird mocs literally everywhere. They were perfect for the cold weather and the uneven, cobblestone streets.
Describe your Minnetonka style.
Moccasins are definitely a staple in my closet. I find myself replacing tennis shoes, flats, sandals, and even high heels with moccasins on a regular basis. Yes, I’m guilty of pairing moccasins with anything from a formal dress to yoga pants. However, my favorite pairing is with a flowy, high waisted skirt and a loose fitted blouse.
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonkas purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonkas?
- How far have you and your Minnetonkas traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonkas at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight the first and third week of each month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.