My Minnetonka Story: Kerri Sullivan
What was your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
I don’t remember my first pair of Minnetonka moccasins because I received them when I was a baby! But I do remember having a beautiful pair with pink leather and rhinestones as a child that I just loved.
When did you receive your first pair of Minnetonka mocs?
As a child, my family went on summer vacations to Maine. There was a “trading post” type store that we would go to and get our Minnetonka mocs! Now I buy my Minnetonka mocs twice a year, when my family and I go away for weekends in May and September to Cape May, NJ. There’s a leather store that sells Minnetonka products. In the spring, I usually pick up a sandal and in the fall I get a new pair of moccasins, it’s the highlight of my trip!
What is your favorite memory involving Minnetonka moccasins?
One of my favorite memories involving Minnetonka is from last summer, when I was helping my mom pick out what to wear as a guest to a wedding she was going to. She wasn’t sure what kind of shoes to wear, but then we remembered she had a pair of tan leather moccasins, which she called her “dressy moccasins.” They were perfect for the beach wedding!
How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled?
I went to college in Philadelphia and I walked A LOT. I walked miles a day, which was tough on my feet. I practically lived in my moccasins. I had a tan suede pair, a red pair, and a blue pair with beads (that I took from my mom!). I wore them all frequently in the fall, winter, and spring. They were the most reliable and comfortable shoes for the lifestyle I had in Philly!
Describe your Minnetonka style.
I wear Minnetonka mocs with everything. I love wearing my red mocs with quirky socks and jeans. I love that they can be dressed up, too, and go with tights and a sweater dress for fall. I even wear a pair of black leather Minnetonkas to my part-time job as a tour guide at a living history farm. I dress in period-appropriate 1890s clothes and I wear the shoes with knee-highs! They have held up through a lot of farm work and they’re easily the most comfortable part of my work uniform.
Tell us your Minnetonka story!
Do you remember your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins? Are you a lifelong Minnetonka fan? Tell us your Minnetonka story!
We would love to hear your Minnetonka memories. Please answer the following questions, sharing your Minnetonka story with us.
- What was your first pair of Minnetonka moccasins or boots?
- Where were your first pair of Minnetonka mocs purchased?
- What is your favorite memory involving your Minnetonka mocs?
- How far have you and your Minnetonka mocs traveled? (i.e. Coolest city you’ve visited in the world wearing your Minnetonka’s)
- Describe your Minnetonka style.
Email us your story along with a photo of yourself (past or present) in your Minnetonkas at myminnetonkastory@
Please include your contact information including name, email and phone number so that we may contact you with further questions!
My Minnetonka Entry Details & Rules:
- Email your story to myminnetonkastory@
minnetonkamocc.com, answering the above questions and providing requested images
- Submission must include full name, age, and address
- To be eligible, you must LIKE the Minnetonka Facebook page (or already be a fan!)
- One entry per person
- Sorry, but you must live in the US or Puerto Rico, and you must be 18 or older
- Minnetonka will select one story to spotlight the first and third week of each month.
- If your story is selected, you will be notified in advance. Upon submission you release all provided materials to Minnetonka for potential use on the Minnetonka Moccasin blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winners will have their choice of moccasins or slippers. Prizes will be mailed within 2 weeks of story spotlight.