Director of Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for overall leadership and direct supervision of the information technology team, infrastructure and the organization’s policies and procedures as they relate to information technology. They are responsible for designing and delivering information technology strategies, including but not limited to network infrastructure and support, applications development and delivery, IT project management, communication and integration, EDI partnerships, business intelligence and reporting, and data and network security.
The Director of Information Technology will also develop and implement practical solutions that streamline operational and functional processes and workflows using technology, combined with continual process improvement to enhance business results. They will use a consultative approach to identify technology-enabled improvement opportunities and to deliver them. They will influence and collaborate with other departments and vendors and effectively communicate with all relevant stakeholders. They will support the growth of the organization; build, lead and inspire teams; and work as a collaborative team member to protect and grow the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine the goals of IT within broad outlines provided by the executive management and contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
- Forecast costs, equipment and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to technology operations.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize technology resources.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them. Assures responsiveness of long-range plans to corporate objectives.
- Supports the EDI infrastructure in collaboration with 3rd party providers including new customer onboarding, testing and production monitoring
- Directs the design, deployment and support of: Voice, data and video network infrastructure; VMware based server infrastructure; e-mail infrastructure; storage infrastructure; desktop operating systems; business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Capture, monitor and analyze computer usage data, recommend and implement policies, software and hardware to provide maximum resource utilization in a cost-efficient manner.
- Develop and grow relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to understand issues and create viable solutions to these issues while utilizing a strong business acumen.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities associated with the IT department including employee related issues.
- Enforce company policies and procedures as a member of management for all employees.
- Present a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of current applications and trends in information technology.
- Ability to analyze information related to computer technology to assist in directing company management in the selection of software and hardware to meet the needs of the organization.
- Critical, strategic, creative and innovative thinking skills with sound judgment. Always curious.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
This position is responsible for leading and directing the work of IT department staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Position requires a BS degree in computer related field plus 7+ years relevant experience including leading teams, managing IT budgets and managing large IT projects; or the combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as spreadsheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic understanding in IT systems management, IT project management and information security management. Working experience in IT service management, IT environment, application delivery process, hardware infrastructure and telecommunications and extensive experience in Computer operations. Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.), Microsoft Servers, IBM i-Series and SQL Servers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. May periodically travel to satellite sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Minnetonka Moccasin is a 73-year-old privately held 4th generation family run company that manufactures and distributes moccasins, casual footwear, sandals, and leather accessories worldwide. Headquarters are located in NE Minneapolis. Minnetonka offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Visit www.minnetonkamoccasin.com for more information.
Please provide resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com for consideration. No agency calls.