Key Account Sales Manager
Minnetonka is seeking a detail orientated, articulate and enthusiastic salesperson to join our in-house sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a 70+ year old private company that has vast national and international distribution. The brands include Minnetonka, Private Label and Licensee Brands Sperry and Hush Puppies.
In this new position, you will sell and manage key accounts while working closely with upper management. You will be expected to stay on top of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product’s competitive position, as well as partner with current accounts to develop seasonal plans with retail buyers. This position is also responsible for performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Manage intake of orders and work with buyers on all necessary follow up items.
- Proof orders and EDI’s sent by buyers to ensure details are accurate.
- Provide all applicable product information to accounts including but not limited to new product cost & delivery and special product opportunities.
- Proactively assess customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and grow opportunities within current accounts.
- Coordinate the company’s resources in logistics, customer service, credit and management in order to meet customers’ expectations.
- Collaborate with upper management on strategically opening new national accounts.
- Responsible for on boarding of new customers.
- Maintain weekly recaps of key account selling reports for tracking of sales and historical reference and updating of key account on-order reports as needed.
- Communicate crucial sales information with Marketing Department to help elevate brand.
- Attend relevant national trade shows including but not limited to FFANY (NYC, 2x per year) and Platform (Las Vegas, 2x per year).
- Set up show appointments with relevant accounts.
- Travel to accounts at their headquarters to present new lines and/or develop buy plan.
- Be familiar with industry trends in the marketplace.
- Provide sales input during product development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of footwear key account work experience, corporate retail and/or wholesale experience is preferred.
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- A willingness to step in to get the job done.
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point).
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, high energy level, good team player.
- Highly self-motivated with positive outlook.
- This position requires domestic travel approximately 40% of the time.
- This position requires living in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Please provide resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com for consideration. No agency calls.