Seasonal Warehouse Worker
Minnetonka Moccasin is a 70+ year-old, privately held, fourth generation, family owned company that manufactures and distributes moccasins, casual footwear, sandals and leather accessories worldwide. We are currently seeking Warehouse Workers to work in our distribution center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This person will be a proven hard worker with a passion for customer service. Minnetonka Moccasin offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
The warehouse worker is responsible for keeping merchandise organized and ready for distribution, primarily performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, storing, picking, scanning, packing, staging, shipping, etc. The warehouse worker selects warehouse merchandise to replace items sold by retail stores the day before.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The warehouse workers handle the inventory control and supply chains as a warehouse helper, shipping and receiving clerk or traffic coordinator.
- Sorts and organizes merchandise on racks or shelves according to size, style and color so it can be easily located.
- Knowledge of the functions of each department, as they often work throughout the warehouse and perform work for other departments.
- Demonstrates basic material handling/ packaging /warehouse equipment skills.
- Keep accurate records of items received and damaged merchandise returned.
- Tags and places stock inventory as it is received from vendors.
- Maintain quality control standards by checking items as they come in.
- Keep assigned areas neat, clean, orderly and safe.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure as organizational skills are the key to finding and providing merchandise quickly.
- Other duties as apparent or assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent; related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand for long periods of time and be able to periodically bend and reach overhead.
- Prior Warehouse experience a plus