Your Minnetonka mocs are made to last, but a go-to shoe is likely to pick up a spot or scuff along the way. Keeping your leather and suede shoes clean will prolong their fresh appearance. If you do happen to take a step in the wrong direction, not to fear! We offer products to make things easy, and below we have a few tips to teach you how to protect and how to clean your mocs.
PROTECTING YOUR MOCS
Besides dirt, common culprits that mark up your mocs are water and oil. Preventative measures will help you keep them clean.
What You Need:
How to Protect Your Mocs:
- The item to be protected must have a clean, dry surface before applying.
- Hold bottle 6” from the surface and spray in a back-and-forth motion.
- Spray thoroughly and evenly, including all seams. Do not saturate.
- For best results, allow to dry 24 hours.
When To Do It:
- Two applications before wearing for the first time
- Weekly or monthly treatments (depending on how often your footwear is worn)
CLEANING YOUR MOCS
How to Remove Dirt
Seeing spots? No problem! Here’s how to clean your mocs and ditch the dirt.
What You Need:
- Suede brush
- Minnetonka Suede & Leather Cleaner
- Soft rag/sponge/soft bristle brush
- Dry rag
- Tissue paper
How to Clean Your Mocs:
- Use a suede brush to loosen dirt.
- Apply Minnetonka Suede & Leather Cleaner to a damp soft rag, sponge or soft bristle brush.
- Apply to area smoothly and evenly.
- Rinse the brush and then brush the area with clean water.
- Use a clean, dry rag to wipe away excess moisture and dirt.
- Stuff the toe with tissue paper (to help maintain shape).
- Let dry overnight, away from sunlight.
- After the footwear has dried, use water and stain repellent to prolong the life of your product.